Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Music Is A Universal Language

So last week my friend introduced me into the world of KPOP, which is Korean pop music. At first I was somewhat hesistant to listen to it because its in a whole different language and I do not speak it much less understand it. But I tried it out and I fell and slipped into this fan world for Kpop. She got me hooked on a boy band group called Seventeen and a few others called EXO and BTS. But it's so weird to me because I really like the music and I read the subtitles so I know what they're saying, yet it's funny to me because this is the only reason I am probably gonna learn Korean. However I love just by how music can introduce you into a new culture that you never really bothered to explore, it's just like food. You don't understand what it's all about until you taste it or immerse yourself in it. Has something like this ever happened to you? Because if it hasn't find someone from a different background and introduce yourself into their culture.

BTS: Boy in Luv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8MfJg68oCs&index=4&list=RDEMI0V0e34vA6znf4KLMCIbbQ

J Balvin feat Farruko: 6 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUV9JwiQLog

1 comment:

  1. Yo I like Kpop too even though I don't know Korean because it seems hard to learn but I thinks it's not so much the lyrics of the song that makes Kpop appealing but the music itself and how it conveys it's emotion and meaning just through music. By the way Big Bang number one group in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete